Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday 13s

Have been down in the dumps lately - no energy for anything, but today.........here are the first 13 things I accomplished before noon........

1.  slept in for the first time in weeks
2.  revived three pot-plants that were birthday presents, and which don't like sitting by the front door where the rain doesn't reach
3.  remembered to re-schedule a medical appointment
4.  rang the dentist and discovered a cancellation for today (ouch...)
5.  added clothes to the collection for recycling
6.  brushed the cat (his favourite thing apart from eating)
7.  paid three bills
8.  filed them instead of leaving them on the desk "for later"
9.  scrubbed the shower recess
10. made the bed
11. backed up my laptop
12. discovered the kitchen bench under many papers
13. got dressed just before it turned into the afternoon

....which meant that my afternoon was busy too and I made the most of a sunny winter's day.  Not exciting things on a world scale, but good enough for me today.

3 comments:

  1. Well, there you go. Sometimes you can only take it a step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased your down in the dumps has turned into a positive post about accomplishments. And backing up one's laptop is often no mean feat - and so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always feels good to cross things off the to-do list, doesn't it? My T13

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I'd like to read your thoughts.....