Monday, January 18, 2010

From my childhood

I was reading a post on a friend's blog last week... she likes vintage things and had found a beautiful old Christmas book that she shared. I knew this old favourite was on my shelves, mainly because I almost never throw anything out, and I would NEVER throw out a book (though I do give them new good homes sometimes....)(different story).

So Rosemary, this one's to share with you.
This is a book to teach you how to tie your shoe-laces, and it has a nursery rhyme on each page, including a "squeaker". The outer case has seen better days, and I don't think the white shoe-lace is an original, but there you are. The book was published in 1957.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I love this book! There is something so marvelous about the vintage books, they have these great illustrations and such a sense of style!

    Thank you so much for posting this little gem! I'm with you about being unable to throw out a book. I think I'm going to repurpose a lot of ones that I don't need/want/enjoy into altered art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I'd like to read your thoughts.....