Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reading this year (aiming for 100...)

 Now I dont really need any excuse to read, and I have an enormous and ever-increasing collection of books on the end of the desk (and beside the bed and beside my favourite chair), but this was a challenge I thought I just might take up....  How hard could it be to read 100 books in a year?  Then I got out my list from 2009 (a sad but true confession of obsession) and found that the total was only 60 something.  And since I had had lots of time for reading last year, maybe it wasn't going to be so easy.  We shall see.

Spin the bottle by Monica McInerney
Absent in the spring by Mary Westmacott (aka Agatha Christie)
Giants bread by Mary Westmacott
The rose and the yew tree by Mary Westmacott
The bone woman by Clea Koff
The end of the alphabet by CS Richardson
Paper Moon by Andrea Camileri
Rounding the mark by Andrea Camileri
The cat who wasn't there by Lilian Jackson Braun
Marley & me by John Grogan
The chocolate lovers club by Carole Matthews
The snack thief by Andrea Camileri
What Alice forgot by Liane Moriaty
How to Hepburn by Karen Karbo
Dear Fatty by Dawn French
The housekeeper and the professor by Yoko Ogawa
Deep sleep by Frances Fyfield
Garden spells by Sarah Addison Allen
The harper's quine by Pat McIntosh
Shadow play by Frances Fyfield
The diving bell and the butterfly by Jean Dominique Bauby
A clear conscience by Frances Fyfield
The patience of the spider by Andrea Camileri
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Willful behaviour by Donne Leon
The nightwatch by Sarah Waters (musings in a previous post)
The lizard's bite by David Hewson
The girl who kicked a hornets nest by Steig Larsson (also mused about here)
A child's book of true crime by Chloe Hooper  (my note..... this is No. 29)
The second-last woman in England by Maggie Joel 

1 comment:

  1. There are some interesting books listed. Good luck in reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I'd like to read your thoughts.....